Throughout communities in Illinois and Wisconsin, 15 hospitals, numerous community-based health centers and clinics, our 15,000+ colleagues have built a culture based on our solid core values of respect, care, competence, and joy. These are the ideals we believe in, work by, and live each day.
Built upon more than 145 years of service to the communities we serve, we now look to the future and our place in it as a health care system that strives to continually improve processes, procedures, and outcomes with the latest and most advanced technologies and treatments.
Regardless of how far our passion for excellence carries us, our focus will always remain on the most important person in our entire organization: The patient.
HSHS and affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
HSHS Medical Group is recruiting an Orthopedic Surgeon to a growing program in Effingham, Illinois, just 3 hours from Chicago.
More about St. Anthony’s Hospital
· St. Anthony’s is a fully accredited not-for-profit general acute care facility serving a population of over 205,000 with 146 licensed beds and over 800 employees.
· St. Anthony’s Orthopedic Center has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Joint Replacement Program Certifications for Total Knee, Hip and Shoulder.
· St. Anthony’s offers MAKO Robotic Orthopedic Surgery capable of performing MAKOplasty partial knee resurfacing and total hip replacement, and now includes total knee replacements.
We offer an extremely competitive 2 year income guarantee and comprehensive benefit package including:
· Guaranteed salary plan plus productivity bonus. Unlimited compensation potential with the wRVU bonuses.
· Health, life, dental, and disability insurance
· Malpractice with tail coverage
· Relocation assistance and a Housing Incentive
· Pension and matching 403b and a 457b Retirement plans
· 26 days off per year (20 vacation/6 holidays), paid CME plus additional 5 days’ time off
More about the Effingham area:
· Was named one of the best small towns in America for business by Site Selection Magazine.
· Effingham serves as a regional hub for a significant population, resulting in world-renowned specialists located in the community.
· Effingham is located at the intersection of Interstates 57 and 70 and just a 1.5 hour drive from St. Louis
· 1 hour from Champaign-Urbana, home to the University of Illinois.
BE/BC Orthopedic Surgery
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Must be licensed for Physician and Surgeon in the state of practice. Must also maintain an Controlled Substance license for the state and Federal DEA when applicable to their specialty. Must have successfully completed, or in the process of completing, an accredited residency program. Must be board certified or board eligible.